If you would like the opportunity to join our team, please read on for specific roles advertised below.
To apply, email the contact stated or send your CV and cover letter to:
Unit 10-11 The Quadrant
135 Salusbury Road
London NW6 6RJ
Please remember to specify the role for which you are applying. All applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit to allow employment in the UK.
Reports To: Creative Director and Artistic Director
Line Responsibility: Ad hoc interns and freelance creatives
• A creative and hands-on role, working across all print design and artworking of Matthew Williamson ready-to-wear, accessories and license collections. The role will also include ad hoc, print-related projects.
• The individual should be highly enthusiastic about the brand and knowledgeable about its print hand-writing. They should have a minimum 2 years industry experience.
• Responsible for managing all print design elements of the business, under the direction of the Artistic Director.
• Creation of graphics and design for license projects, under the direction of the Creative Director.
• Responsible for managing own schedule and meeting all design related deadlines set on critical path.
• Bringing freshness and new ideas into the role – through good knowledge of the current market, understanding our competitors, store research and outside inspiration trips.
• A wide-ranging portfolio of print designs, ideally in the designer fashion industry
• Ability to produce original prints from hand before using found imagery
• A varied and wide-ranging artistic ability including drawing, painting and etching
• An eye for detail is crucial for the role
• Proven examples to show creative eye and ability
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Ability to project manage multi-tasks
• Self-motivated and a team player
• Confident, enthusiastic, motivated
SALARY, BENEFITS & ADDITIONAL
Job type: full time
Salary: Dependant on experience
Standard company benefits, inc. 20 days annual holiday pro rata
Standard company working hours, flexibility required during events and busy periods
Confirmation of appointment and eligibility to benefits, subject to successful completion of a 3 month probationary period
Notice Period: 3 month upon completion of probation.
Location: Matthew Williamson Studio, 135 Salusbury Road, London NW6 6RJ
Matthew Williamson is looking for a Print Designer. The position requires someone who can drive the creation of prints in a high performance culture, in a high pressure and fast moving environment. Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and email to Georgie Macintyre.
Start date: December 2015
Application closing date: Friday 28th November 2015.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Candidates must meet the essential Business Skills, Person Specification and Experience & Skills criteria for consideration. Unfortunately MW is unable to respond personally to candidates that do not meet the mandatory criteria.
Successful candidates will be notified in writing and invited for a 20 – 30 minute first-stage interview. You will be required to bring examples of your creative ability.
We offer internship opportunities throughout the year. Our internships are open to students, aged 18 years and over. To apply, please send a CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the department in which you are interested and what you hope to gain from working with us at Matthew Williamson.
Thank you for your interest, please note that we are only able to respond to successful candidates.