If you would like the opportunity to join our team, please read on for specific roles advertised below.
To apply, email the contact stated or send your CV and cover letter to:
Unit 10-11 The Quadrant
135 Salusbury Road
London NW6 6RJ
Please remember to specify the role for which you are applying. All applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit to allow employment in the UK.
Sampling & Production Manager
Reports to: Artistic Director / Business Director
Line responsibility: Ad hoc interns, free-lance pattern cutters, seamstresses and other relevant technical staff.
• A multi-facetted hands on role, working across all development and production of Matthew Williamson ready-to-wear, swim and accessories collections.
• The individual will be highly enthusiastic about the brand, and have a minimum 3 years industry experience.
• Ultimately responsible for delivering production, within budget and on-time, working with teams across the company to achieve this.
• Management of all communication with factories, suppliers and mills in any queries they may have throughout both sampling and production.
• Creation of sample tech packs. Management of their communication to the factory at each stage from sampling to production through specs, comment sheet, construction details and annotated drawings.
• Creation and management of the seasonal critical path to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Compilation of all development and production timeline schedules. Management of communication of lead times and deadlines to all parties.
• Management and use of Gerber to digitise, PDS, amend patterns on screen, check grading and create efficient lay plans (marker making) for costing and for factories to follow.
• Hire and management of a team of freelance seamstresses, pattern cutters and interns.
• Monitor quality, fit and aesthetic across sample development and production. Deal with quality and fit issues and find solutions to any issues that may occur.
• Monitor and manage costs – working closely with directors and suppliers to meet target prices and minimums. Monitor seasonal budgets.
• Management of materials, to include fabrics, trims, components and linings and other studio and production based supplies. • Management of sourcing fabrics, trims and linings for product development.
• Creation and maintenance of the seasonal total requirements spreadsheet for sending out seasonal production materials.
• Management of labelling including dry clean swatch testing for care labels.
• Management of send of all patterns, samples, raw materials, labels, trims etc to all factories on deadline.
• Creation of packing lists per factory for all materials sent out and keeping a record of all trims needed and despatched for production.
• Chase of orders in line with deadlines and the critical path – check production status on a daily basis to ensure all stages and processes are on track.
• Logistical management including management of shipping, duty and courier costs.
• Technical experience and knowledge, as well as knowledge of garment construction.
• Strong understanding of the sampling and production process as a whole – experience in production timeline management
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Ability to project manage multi-tasks
• Self-motivated and a team player
• Confident, enthusiastic, motivated
• Training in Gerber is an asset, but not essential
SALARY, BENEFITS & ADDITIONAL
Job type: full time
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Standard company benefits, inc. 20 days annual holiday pro rata
Standard company working hours, flexibility required during events and busy periods
Confirmation of appointment and eligibility to benefits, subject to successful completion of a 3 month probationary period
Notice Period: 3 months upon completion of probation.
Location: Matthew Williamson Studio, 135 Salusbury Road, London NW6 6RJ
Matthew Williamson is looking for a Studio & Production Manager.
The position requires someone who can drive the studio and production management in a high performance culture, in a high pressure and fast moving environment. Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and email to Rosanna Falconer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Start date: As soon as possible
Application closing date: TBC
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK Candidates must meet the essential Business Skills, Person Specification and Experience & Skills criteria for consideration. Unfortunately MW is unable to respond personally to candidates that do not meet the mandatory criteria.
Successful candidates will be notified in writing and invited for a 20 – 30 minute first-stage interview.
We offer internship opportunities throughout the year. Our internships are open to students, aged 18 years and over. To apply, please send a CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com, outlining the department in which you are interested and what you hope to gain from working with us at Matthew Williamson.
Thank you for your interest, please note that we are only able to respond to successful candidates.